Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

happypattys

Bridget:
Happy St. Patrick's day! I think my favorite memory of this holiday was last year, when my best friend (who was born on the day 'o the shamrock) and I went to mass with her family at St. Patrick's church here in Maine. We got to tour the original, tiny brick church, and attend mass in the beautiful new one. The priest's homily was wonderful and both churches were stunning. The weather was lovely and spring-like and I got to spend the entire day with one of my most favorite people in the world!
 
Mercy:
 Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
I never knew the true story of St. Patrick's Day until I listened to two Adventures in Odyssey episodes. I actually wrote a paper, titled The Church in Ireland, for a Church history class last fall. I wrote about two or three pages on Patrick. 
I've always loved anything related to Ireland. I do hope to visit it someday. If you get a chance, download and listen to the AIO episodes on iTunes. 
Have an amazing St. Patrick's Day!
 
Hannah:
Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone!!! I hope y'all remembered to wear some green so you don't get pinched :)
Ah, how I remember the times before the Veggie Tale: Sumo of the Opera came out, and I learned about Saint Patrick the ordinary way; through books, word of mouth, and the internet. But mainly books. (Have I mentioned that I love books? Whatever, I love books.) Anyway, back on the subject, if you don't know the story of Saint Patrick, or even if you do, I highly recommend this segment of Sumo of the Opera because it may be the best thing you watch all day. You're welcome. ;)
 
Brooke:
Happy St. Paddy's Day! =) So, I was totally going to link to that segment of Sumo of the Opera, but Hannah beat me to it, unfortunately, so I'm going to have to actually write something...what a chore ;) Kidding, kidding! Anyway, my idea of fun on this occasion is to wear green, watch some Irish movies (and, of course, The Sumo of the Opera), and eat green food. Speaking of green food...it wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day without a giant bowl of Green Stuff! (Also known as Watergate Salad, Holiday Salad, or sometimes even,"That green fluffy salad stuff with pecans and pineapple.") Whichever you want to call it, it's delicious. So why are you still reading this?? Go, make some Green Stuff! Or watch VeggieTales! Or visit Ireland! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment