Friday, May 30, 2014

A Night in an Enchanted Garden

Hello all!

This week I don't have an outfit for you, but instead a peek into what my life looked like all last week in preparation for the third annual Forget-Me-Not Homeschool Ball. This year I was asked to be on the planning team for the event and I did not hesitate to accept. Working on putting together one of my favorite nights of the year with some of my closest friends? Sign me up!

My task was to paint a couple set flats with my friend Evan to set the mood of our theme: Enchanted Garden. I was very excited about it, and then proceeded to forget about it until five days before the ball. In a roundabout way, Evan and I managed to get together and spend about five to six hours a day at my house, covered in paint. But long story short, we eventually got them finished and I am quite happy with the results.


Needless to say, the rest of the decorations were pretty spectacular as well. After spending most of the day before the big night setting up decorations and singing to Les Mis. (thanks to Evan), we were all exhausted, excited and ready for the dance.




I got ready with my friends and we made quite a time of it, looking for ideas on Pinterest, calling in our other friend who is amazing at hair styling to do our hair, and of course showing off our dresses. Soon enough, we were ready and on our way to the ball!



The night was amazing. The decorations were perfect, the music was great, and I think everyone had a good time. I danced all night and was sad when it was over.

Thanks for reading,

Love you all!

Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment