Sunday, February 9, 2014

The First Post and Trend Introduction!

Hello everyone,

Happy (early) Valentine's Day! Brooke, Hannah, Mercy and I will be here all week long to help you celebrate with outfit ideas, makeup, hair and nail tutorials and tidbits from our lives. Every week we will introduce a new trend to inspire us and then we will each take turns posting our interpretation of said trend. I know I am looking forward to seeing what my friends have in store, and they have given me the honor of writing the first post and to introduce this week's trend. And so, without further ado, we have our trend: Valentine's Day Pink and Red!

When I first heard about this idea, I will admit I was a bit nervous. I don't own a lot of pink or red clothing, being more of a blue and purple girl myself, and certainly don't consider myself experienced enough to combine the two colors successfully. That being said, I decided to take my own, casual, easy spin on the idea with a comfortable, polished, everyday look that you can throw together in seconds and still feel festive.

With some some help from my amazing mother, I held a mini photoshoot in her room much to the amusement of my best friend who had stopped by. Here are the results:

Valentine Red One


Shirt: Verve, Pants: Land's End, Boots: Sale item at T.J. Maxx, Earrings: Kohl's


Valentine Red Two


One of my favorite things about these boyfriend style jeans is they can look effortless with a rolled cuff and ankle boots or heels, and the colored corduroy is both fun and classy. The shirt is also a great piece, with a beautiful, rounded neck and enough interesting construction to make it different, but it's still as comfy as your favorite cotton T.


Valentine Red Three


Thank you so much for reading our first post and I hope that you come back for more!


Love,


Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment