Thursday, February 20, 2014

No-Water Marble Heart Nails

Hello everyone!


Obviously, our theme this week was Valentine/red/pink, so I decided to do these adorable marbled heart nails.


marblehearts


I started out with my usual base coat (Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener), then applied one coat of Zoya Kimber and let that dry completely. Once it was dry, I added another, thicker coat, dotted on Zoya Purity with a dotting tool (you can also use a ball sewing pin stuck into the eraser of a pencil), and pulled a pin through to make the hearts. This took some practice!! You have to do it very quickly so the polish doesn't dry at all, and you have to find just the right pressure to put on the pin. I also tried white acrylic paint for the hearts, since it dries much more slowly, but it didn't spread well at all, so I wouldn't recommend that. I topped it all off with one coat of Glossy Glam top coat. This manicure was inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest by The Crafty Ninja. I didn't follow a tutorial, I just winged it, but I found hers, and here it is, if you'd like to see how she did it!


Thanks for reading!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment